Monday, March 2, 2009

Where is my camera?

Ugh. Right now at dinner Brendan was doing this crazy funny thing where he was trying to get our attention to watch him and then he was closing his eyes and making goofy faces and Liam and me and Eric were all laughing hysterically, and could I find the camera anywhere? No! Ugh (ugh, ugh, ugh a wug.) All of these funny things I can't preserve for posterity, and then when I do have the camera, of course they immediately stop whatever it was they were doing anywy. Kids. They are like leprechauns. Has anyone ever done a study about that?

Brendan calls me, Eric and Liam AND himself Momma. Now that he knows we think this is funny he does it all the time and refuses to call us anything else.

When I asked Liam if next time we go out with my friends would he please talk he said, "Well...I might." "Good," I said. Then he said with a completely straight face, "Or I might not, actually."

Ok, now I have to go do my lit review that I was supposed to have been doing for the last month and I have to present on Thursday when we go to campus. Ugh. I should have called this post ugh, but I'm just no good at paying homage to Maine South Summer Drama. Also Eric and I were watching the Blues Brothers last night and it is SO COOL how they are driving around in Park Ridge (in an MP police car, no less. It all comes full circle, right?)

Crabby Apple, keep me posted on your kitchen and other remodeling projects because we need to:
knock down some walls and redo our kitchen (unless we somehow get an addition soon)
redo our bathroom
refinish our basement
even out and resod our backyard
get a fence
do a lot of painting
so I'm interested in referrals if you know people or companies that do good work and aren't insanely expensive. I just got the name of a painter who is good and inexpensive so I am plotting projects for him (but shhh, don't tell Ziggy.)

5 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Comment the First: any post that references Doing Time in Park Ridge is my favorite blog post of ALL TIME.

Comment the Second: Gracie always stops smiling the SECOND we get the camera. Stephen charged up his really nice SLR and had it ready to go for when she woke up today because she always has these huge, open-mouth, face-splitting smiles in the morning, and today she woke up all pissed off because she'd peed thru her diaper.

Comment the Third: we have to do half the things you said! on the fence, we should totally consult the same person and tell them they'll get both our business if they cut us a deal!

Comment the Fourth: I am in love with Liam. So is G, by the way.

Comment the Fifth (I have a lot to say tonight): Stephen really wants to know why you have your headshot with a mustache drawn on it.

Donna said...

Well I'm glad it's not just Liam and Brando that pull the ol' switcheroo as soon as the camera comes out. It's doubly hard when you have to be like "No, seriously, he can talk just like a regular person. Do I have it on video? No. Will he talk to you in real life? No. But seriously." It's too The Spanish Prisoner.
I'm in with the double fence job. Don't you have a fence?
Hm, well I guess that's the best culmination of all the hundreds of dollars I spent getting the damn headshots - as a little ornament to the suburban life of kids and work and school that is my life. A little Revolutionary Road, no? :o) Actually Ziggy's friend Kit did that to the picture years ago and I came across it while looking for something to use as my picture. It seemed appropriately mysterious...

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Donna,
Your children are such little munchkins. Thanks for the laughs-do you think Brendan would call me and Noah "Momma", too? You can tell him we'd think it's funny... Well, that'd be too much like having a camera (camera, audience,it's all the same, you know?) Hey, you should build one of those interrogation rooms with a big mirror and stick 'em in it- you and Eric could probably become millionaires with all the funny stuff they'd do when "no one's watching". Then you could easily do all the small stuff on your short list of inexpensive remodeling ventures. Nah, Liam would figure it out somehow-smarty pants!!! Talk to you guys later. Stay healthy!!!!!

Rae said...

Donna, EMBRACE THE ORANGE!!!
That's all I have to say about the kitchen.

I'm pretty sure everyone is in love with Liam. (myself included) My sister talks about him and I don't think she has seen him since he was an infant.

Donna said...

Rae, you are too funny!!!