Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Anatomy

Eric is taking a nap on the couch, and I see Liam over there talking to him. I say, "Liam, shh, Daddy's taking a nap." Liam says "Ok," and then he stays over there but now he's whispering. It doesn't seem to bother Eric so I just leave him be. I peek my head in a couple minutes later and see Liam stroking the top of Eric's head. I ask, "Liam, what are you doing?" It's pretty cute. Then Liam stage whispers to me across the room, "I'm trying to feel his skull."

Today we are going to UIUC for my on-campus day of class tomorrow, which btw I am completely unprepared for. Wouldn't you know it but Brendan is besieged by the teething pains like a crazy child. So just before his morning nap I had him on the couch with me and he wanted to get down and I put him on the floor, he takes one step, trips over my foot and faces plants on the hardwood. Blood is gushing everywhere, madness ensues, and yeah, in 3 hours we leave for a four hour car ride! Wish us luck. :o) (Good news is he still went down for his nap, so that's something.)

5 comments:

Rae said...

Donna - what route are you taking to UIUC? It's usually only a 2 1/2hour ride. Are you including stopping time for the kids?

Donna said...

Oops, I was just making that up. Hopefully we won't be stopping at all, so it should be more like 2 1/2 to 3 hours, unless we hit some godforsaken traffic jam.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

augh, good luck.

(I love the skull story, btw!)

Rae said...

I should take everything less literally.

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Maybe Liam will be a Doctor... "I'm trying to feel the bone chip in Brendan's skull from his face plant. Hm, we may have a slight fracture requiring minor surgery." Hope the car ride went well. The next time Noah's not taking his nap, I'll try to trip him or something, thanks for the new strategy...sorry, bad joke! Well, actually I think it's a funny one, but DCFS would probably disagree.