Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Do Not Like Fruit Pies

1. My favorite shoes to wear to work have no soles, so anytime I have to walk on the uncarpeted part of the floor I start to fall down. Have I gotten the soles fixed? No. Do I still wear these same shoes almost every time I work? Yes. Do I feel completely embarrassed when I almost slip in fall in front of coworkers and patrons every time I walk across the floor? Yes. Can even I figure out why I do this? No.
2. Flutterflies usually fly in water. I learned this because Liam is being a flutterfly as of late, and according to him "unfortunately he cannot eat lunch because flutterflies usually do not eat lunch." 'Unfortunately" he "cannot eat" many meals because of prior commitments he has, which include "breaking up the concrete" and other construction jobs, feeding his Baby Noah and cutting down or trimming sick trees.
3. Teething is a terrible terrible painful situation, and gets 10000% worse when you are tired. I learned this from Brendan, who now screams at the TOP of his lungs like he is being mauled by a tiger when he is tired and then proceeds to swing himself around furiously, inevitably banging his head on something, which causes him to scream louder than anyone thought possible. At other times he bites me, then cries like I bit HIM. Other times he simply walks around and plays while sucking in his cheeks and it is SO SAD.
4. My friend Kelly alluded to this point on her blog recently. When I was pregnant with Liam, but before I knew I was pregnant, I did a health evaluation thing at the gym I used to go to in Lincoln Square. I was 28 at the time, and among other things I learned that I had a body age of 21. It would have been lower, but my blood pressure was high that day. normally my blood pressure is like 90/60 or something, and when I was having each kid it dipped down to Much Too Low which made all sorts of widgets beep very loudly while I tried to sleep during labor. Anyway, three years and two babies later, I am sure my new body age would be calculated at somewhere between 62 and 67. Brendan absolutely abhors sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time. Before that I would have said my body age would have been about 43. I certainly have no time to go to the gym, nor do I even have time to walk down into the basement and use the elliptical. I have a group project and an assignment due over the next two weeks and finding time to do those WHILE my brain is capable of functioning is hard enough. Reading my book for the book club I am leading in early December is about all I can muster. When I will ever lose the 8 - 12 pounds I am up, that remains unclear. Point #4 is getting too long, though I have MUCH more to say on the subject.
5. I hope gas prices stay low because Eric and I want to take a road trip in March out to Arizona and that would be awesome if gas is cheap. I cannot believe it was this past April that we were in Dublin. I would LOVE to go to Italy even though we seriously should not spend money on that but hopefully in the next couple of years we will do that. It is nice because right now we don't have school schedules limiting our vacation times, but we also have all those projects to do on the house and the economy has seen better days. And then again you only live once, so carpe diem!
6. News no one wants to know: Brendan does not want to give up nursing, Liam does not want to give up diapers.

1 comment:

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

You should tell Liam that Flutterflies do not like diapers!! Sorry to hear about sad cheek sucking, that does not sound fun!