Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE

Well today is the big day! I have to work until 9:00 (it was supposed to be 10 but my awesome supervisor is letting me leave at 9 to watch the returns.) We voted as a family at 10:00, walked right in and encountered no lines. The other precinct that votes at our polling place had a little line, but not too bad. Liam and Brendan were good (well apparently Brando was a little squirmy but he was with Eric so he seemed good to me :o) ) One of Eric's colleagues lives I think in LA or MS said he waited over 3 hours. Wow. It could not be a more beautiful day to vote, so I hope that is a good omen for our country.
On a sort of unrelated vote, what happened to gas prices? And, um, why did they go down like almost $2/gal with no fanfare. I thought the News was predicting it's be $4/gal for the foreseeable future and that's why airlines had to raise prices and charge extra if you carried pocket change on board. And why trucking companies were going out of business and yada yada yada. I know prices can and do fluctuate but a few weeks ago I filled up for $4.20 and then yesterday it was $2.40ish. Maybe I'm hallucinating but something weird is going on here.
Anyway, Happy Voting!!!!

2 comments:

Rae said...

I love that you took the boys to vote with you!

Donna said...

I love that Obama won!!! :o)