Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

This just in (ok not "just", since it was in last week, but...):
Mt. Prospect has been picked by BusinessWeek magazine as the best place in the country to raise children.
The northwest suburban community was cited today for its affordability and for the quality of its schools, where students consistently score high on reading and math tests.
The community came out on top in BusinessWeek's second annual roundup of "The Best Places in America to Raise Kids."
Village officials said they were thrilled with the honor.
Also mentioned were Phoenix; Columbus, Ohio; and Ann Arbor, Mich.
--Chicago Breaking News Center

I think that's cool, since as anyone reading this knows I miss the city terribly, so any good news about Mount Prospect makes me happy. In fact I saw a guy
going around taking pictures of houses on my street a couple months ago and I think this is what he was up to. Cool! But anyway, I've been reading different articles about this and the one I highlighted above had the following comment, which I couldn't love more:
"what will all the SUV driving, cell phone wielding, soccer moms do in naperville now - i hope my great city of of mt prospect doesn't bring all these nutjobs to our city - stay where you belong naperville nutjobs."

Somehow I literally didn't know where Mount Prospect was until we moved here (and I think I worked here at a bread company for a couple days in college, unless that was Morton Grove.)
Today Liam was crawling through this tunnel we have and it was in the living room, so when he inevitably slipped inside it he fell on his head on the hardwood and got an enormous goosegg on his forehead. I'm going to try and post a picture of it. It drives me crazy how he ALWAYS manages to hit his head. Why? He is scarily skilled with all things sports-related, can navigate pushtrucks and cars through teeny spaces, etc. etc,., but just like Eric he cannot walk without tripping over things. I mean at least he's still a toddler. But Brendan doesn't seem to have inherited this trait (thank God!)
I have one reading response left to do for class and it needs to be in tonight by
11. Let's keep our fingers crossed I can get it in. Then I just *just* have a giant group project and one other assignment and I'll be done with class. Yippee! 2 down, 8 more to go. Not a good way to think about it I now realize. This is the master's degree that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend.

3 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I saw that article and thought of you!

Also, why do I also ALWAYS confuse Mount Prospect and Morton Grove? Totally different towns. Not even close to each other. I don't know.

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

I love your mustache! Too bad I don't know how to spell moustache. Why is it so hard to write moustase. Oh, it's getting worse with every attempt!!!

Donna said...

Kelly you are too funny and moustache and chauffeur must be the two hardest words ever to spell. Fortunately I do not have a chauffeur so we don't have to worry about that!