Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The List Is In!

Liam, Brendan and I have made our Vacation List.  As you'll see it's unlikely we'll hit all these places this year, but we'd rather have too big a list than too small a list.  We had hoped to go with Eric on his first week-long trip to CA, but unfortunately he had to make his travel plans while I was super sick and I just couldn't muster arranging plans for us as well and switching my work hours and whatnot, so we won't be joining him when he flies out next week.  But he'll be going to CA for his new job at least a couple times a year so we'll definitely catch a ride out there on a regular basis and hopefully at least once this year.  Ok, drumroll please:
- Champaign (the boys LOVE going there, and actually I do plan on Marching in May so we most likely will be going)
- Alaska (Brendan's addition)
- Indianapolis ( we were supposed to go last week to see the Butler / UIC game, but sickness thwarted those plans.  I was able to give our bball tickets to my old college roommate and she has a 4 year old so it worked out reasonably well.  We'll go visit my prof either this Spring/ Summer or for a football game in the Fall.  Most important of all is that we see Blue II (and maybe Blue III)!
- California (Eric's new job is in Mountain View, so we'll do San Fran and Muir Woods, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium)
- New York City (but Brendan specifies that we will NOT ride in a cash cab)
- Baltimore (we plan to go here to visit my aunt this summer)
- Florida (we may go here in November to visit Eric's cousin in Clearwater Beach and as he is a marine biologist Liam may get some face time with his work in Tampa Bay.  Also the boys have a strong attachment to him even though they've only met a few times, and he has a little girl just about Aidan's age)
- Tennessee (my brother and his family want to go here to because they like the Smokey Mountains, and while we're there we want to check out the firefoxes Eric's new company has at the Knoxville Zoo)
- Water Park (I added this, and we are going to a water park to kick off Spring Break since I am working a lot that week and I want the boys to feel they have some memories from the break.)
- Hawaii (Liam's addition)
- Italy (we have all been wanting to go here for years, and I think we are getting close.  There's a song we sing, "Senor Don Gato" and while it may be Spanish Liam and I decided long ago we will go to Italy and look for Don Gato up on the rooftops.  Also Italy has agriturismo so we will check that out.  As an added bonus Liam and Brendan are learning Italian in school!  !molto bene!)
- Ireland (obviously)
- Africa (Liam & Brendan's addition.  Liam thinks when he is 9 and Brendan is 7, I thought much older than that)
- Asia (Liam & Brendan's addition.  They are more exotic than I am.  Also, I spelled Asia wrong when I first wrote it on our list and it gave me a headache trying to figure out what was wrong with it.  I plan to stick with Little Saigon and Chinatown, but they have to dream.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the best family vacation: the beach.

Donna said...

oh yes, we cannot forget that, Anonymous!!

Rae said...

ahem.

Georgia.

Donna said...

oh yes, we cannot forget Georgia, Rae! :o)

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I am dying to know who the anonymous person is who suggested the beach.

I am also dying to take really ANY family vacation. Someday, I guess.

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

TN & AL share a border...

Donna said...

"Like" Kelly! :o)