Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Casual Conversations

Liam told me before lunch today that the Dalai Lama's favorite animal is monkeys.  (for the record we rarely have talked about the Dalai Lama, and not at all in recent memory, so this just came straight out of the blue.)  I said "Oh, did you learn this at school?"  He looked at me, furrowed his brow, darted his eyes around pensively and said, "No, I think I just knew this ever since I was born."  See, I TOLD you!!  No one ever believes me!!!
Things here are going well, even in spite of winter (which has been scarily mild KNOCKONWOOD)  Aidan is babbling up a storm and I'm starting to decipher more and more words in there.  (So far this week 2 new ones - "stuck" and "roomba."  And he was right!)  He is so adorable, and man does he have a funny range of facial expressions.  "Implausible!"  "Puh-lease" "I cannot believe you are even suggesting that" "I am smiling so hard no one will ever see my eyes" and the list goes on.  Brendan slid perfectly right into the preschool where Liam is in kindergarten (there were many adjustments made After Pneumonia.)  Both the big boys had amazingly excellent parents teacher conferences and I am so proud of their awesomeness.  And Brendan had a performance in his classroom for Valentine's Day and he sang the loudest and the most on-key.  A Star Is Born!  :o)  Were heading off to Indy soon to catch a Butler game, and life these days is generally full of:
school (for Liam and Brendan - not me!  yay!) 
basketball (Liam)
Irish Dance (Liam & Brendan)
playdates (Liam & Brendan)
work (Me & Eric)
new words and demands to get toenail polish and have his shoes put on when anyone else does (Aidan) (and also Liam & Brendan actually)
a reemergence of exercise (me)
Roomba (Aidan)
Harry Potter (me, Liam, Brendan and sometimes Aidan)
finally watching some new on DVD movies (me & Eric)

Ok, I think I am going to go take a quick rest while the boys play downstairs.  Any guesses how long til the yelling starts?

No comments: