Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

I can't Facebook this (because of my self-imposed Facebook Lent ban), but it must be noted. On the front page of the Chicago Tribune right now there is an article entitled "Newt Gingrich: Passion for Country Contributed to Infidelity." As if that was not ridiculous enough in and of itself, the article directly below this one is entitled "House Republicans Vow to Uphold Defense of Marriage." Wha? What? By the way, Newt Gingrich's "infidelity" occurred during his THIRD marriage!!! I'm not criticizing his decisions, but I'll be damned if he (who is considering a run for the Republican Presidential ticket) is going to say marriage can only be between one man and one woman. Because if he hasn't yet, I betcha he will. I just betcha.

On a funnier note, at Liam's preschool today another student told the teacher, "I don't have a cold, I just have some flu trapped in my voice mailbox." I hope that kid runs for president.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be fair, that kid was pointing at his voice mailbox, thus making it clearer.

And Newt likely had his fingers crossed behind his back (or whatever it is kids do when lying).

Megan M said...

are you going through facebook withdrawal, too? the ladies at my church say giving up facebook is worse than chocolate...how many more days?

Donna said...

Ha Megan - I was going to give up chocolate but I decided that wasn't something I could do! I sort of am going through withdrawal but I also feel like a big weight has been lifted off me, because it just sucked up so much of the time I don't have. I think it's good for my mental health. The main thing I miss is seeing the pictures of all the cute kids. Like your girls and Austin!

Eric, I mean, Anonymous, You're right. I should have said, "...another student told the teacher indignantly, as he pointed to his throat, 'I don't have a cold! I just have some flu trapped in my voice mailbox!'" Still cracks me up.

As far as Newt, Rush and the rest of the Mad Hatters go, I just cannot stand their hypocrisy and I don't understand why more people aren't complaining about it. Argh!