Monday, May 3, 2010

For the Record

As of yesterday, Brendan no longer calls bananas band-aids.

Liam putting Brendan's sandals on Brendan is the cutest and funniest thing ever.

Fatherhood has really changed Eric. He actually said, "I think black is too dark for a baby's room," in response to me asking him about some curtains.

I have officially made it to the time when I will be in the new maternity wing of my hospital. Eric and I took a tour tonight and it is pretty damn cool.

I have one presentation and one huge paper left for the semester. Also I start a new movie discussion at the library next Monday and run a book discussion on the 17th, but after that my calendar's free.

Zoey and Lucky are suuuuper lovey dovey these days.

I don't know if it's because it's my 3rd pregnancy or what but my weight gain this pregnancy is just crazy (though the doctors don't think so because they don't realize I came in 13 pounds above my normal weight to start with) so I'd really like the baby to decide to be born sooner rather than later just so I can stop going in for checkups and seeing ow much more weight I've gained.

Eric found Brendan in the naughty corner today while I was at the doctor, and it turned out Liam had sent him there. Brendan said it was because he threw a car but Liam said it was because Brendan licked him. Liam puts up with a lot from Brendan but I'm happy he still is in charge when all is said and done.

Eric and I have to decide if we want a swingset from the house my sister is buying. It's not the one I want (which costs $1,000 so we wouldn't be getting anyway) and it's sort of cool but also needs new paint and stuff. We also have to decide if it would take up too much space in the backyard. And I think we have to decide by tomorrow. Hmm.

I have to go to bed much earlier than I used to. Not that I actually go to bed when I have to though, and I can't explain why not. I'm not lying when I say I'm actually looking forward to going to the hospital to have this baby just so I can hopefully get some rest while I'm drugged up. This time I think I will actually send the bay to the nursery sometimes.

We got to swim lessons a little late on Sunday but I am so happy I didn't have a water birth in front of all the toddlers and I also can't believe that soon Liam will go to swim lessons on his own, and not with me or Eric holding him. As many millions of times that you've heard it said, kids really do grow up very fast. I do not like this.

Tonight when we got home from the hospital tour Liam and Brendan and their babysitter gave me my very first flower bouquet from my kids, which they had gone around the neighborhood to create. There were some tulips in it, but they came from the garden of a lady who cut them for them when she heard about their plan, so it was ok. It's actually beautiful and I'll have to post a picture of it. They also gave me the first mother's day card I ever got from my kids. Is that not the coolest thing or what?!

5 comments:

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Horray for you! Amen to no more scales (I have FORTY pounds to loose-lol) and "resting" on the meds. I think that's the last time I got anything that somewhat resembled sleep:) Brendan "licked" Liam? That's very cute and funny. Noah is just starting a time-out corner. I think NAUGHTY corner is so much better a title, but he is already kind of sensitive so I don't want him to think he is bad or something like that. Your kids sound so matter of fact about it;) Can't wait to see the little guy- that reminds me, I have to post some pics of the girl. Um, much too tired for all that now!

Love,
kelly and the fam

Donna said...

Yes Kelly - I need more pictures of Autumn and Noah with Autumn! And I totally agree, the kids need to know that though they may do something that is naughty, they are not naughty. It's a very important distinction. I think as long as they learn right from wrong and have a chance to reflect on their behavior and make changes, that's what counts. I really think the corner is vital for everyone.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

haha, I'm also glad you didn't have a water birth, what a waste of a totally sweet OB wing that would be!

I hope the baby is born on May 11th. That's Steve's birthday, you know.

Rae said...

Donna,
I also forget that you are pregnant. I don't really forget. I know it. I ask you about it. But when I see you and see the bump, I think, "oh that's right a new baby is on the way."

Kathy,
Steve's birthday is June 14th.

Donna said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, Kathy, but no such luck on the 11th. Eric's is the 9th and my aunt's is also the 11th. But my grandma's birthday is this Sunday and the real due date is this Tuesday and that date is all sorts of cool as far as the number goes, so maybe he'll come out one of those days. Rae you are too funny with Steve's birthday. Lucky guy to get to celebrate it twice!