Sunday, May 16, 2010

10 AM and All Is Well

No baby yet. It's a weird thing because I know he's got to come SOMETIME in the Very Near Future, but still about 95% of the time it doesn't seem real and I can't actually fathom having this new person in our house. That being said we've been having a lot of fun these last few weeks and I am definitely appreciating how easy we have it right now with two pretty self sufficient kids. On Friday we went to the parade for Lee DeWyze, who's from our town, and it started late and required me to hold Brendan for longer than I'm used to, so I was pretty much expecting that to coerce the baby to come out yesterday, but no.

Oh, and I'm not trying to brag but I think this baby could be a good omen for the Cubs, because Liam was born the year the White Sox won the World Series, and Brendan was born when the Red Sox won (for the 2nd time in a couple years, but you know they hadn't won before that for like 65000 years either and I was actually watching either the game when they won or the one before when my water broke) so anyway I like our chances.

Maybe he's waiting to be born until we have a car he'll be able to fit in. We sold our Vue because it can't hold 3 car seats, and now we just have a corolla which REALLY can't hold 3 car seats. So the kid's no fool. We were car shopping yesterday and found two cars we like (Chevy Traverses) but the stupid car places are closed on Sundays and we weren't sure which one we wanted so now it's all up to fate on Monday. Someone else had the audacity to be looking at the one I liked better, so we'll see if he snags it first. I'm pretty sure you should be able to pay your mortgage for the price of a monthly payment on this car. Weren't car companies in trouble or something? You definitely cannot tell from the cost of cars. I guess we won't be installing a backyard patio this year.

I'm pretty sure I was going to write something of some interest, but I forgot. Today is my 2nd to last day of work - yay! And I am officially done with this semester. I think I screwed up my 4.0 but I'm basically too tired to care and at this point there's nothing I can do anyway.

Ok, hopefully I can squeeze in a nap here before work. So excited about there being real sunshine today. This is really cool to have a baby just before summer, versus winter. I'm happy to have had my time burrowing in with Liam and Brendan, but now that they are bigger I am SO happy to be able to go outside with them and have them be able to play instead of bouncing off the walls inside for 6 months. Oh yes, and in other good news I can officially no longer even see the scale. Ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

I wish to STILL no longer be able to see the scale... just hand it over to the big boys-I'm sure they can find something blogworthy to do with it!