Saturday, April 4, 2009

Imagine All the People

I was really disappointed when I read a week or so ago that President Obama is considering "working" with the Taliban to stabilize Afghanistan. I had to write him a letter last night because I was really feeling sick after reading about the young woman in Pakistan who was assaulted. I do realize the whole thing's a MESS and the administration has to make very difficult choices but please God do not let that group retain or regain legitimate or illegitimate power. Culturally insensitive as it might be for me to say, that organization is downright evil.. I'm literally sick about it all. Not that I have some great solution myself, but I pray that they'll find and chose another way to bring stability to Afghanistan. Probably they need to consult with Brian O. to get some good ideas. I should have mentioned that in my letter.

It seems trite now to mention how bummmmmmmed I was to get to the bridal shop to pick up my dress and find out they were closed. I went from Schaumburg, with my entourage in tow, some of whom randomly scream and cry on car rides, and it took 1 1/2 hours (with a stop at home to pick up Eric) one way. I guess it wasn't meant to be today.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Argh. They were closed. That is a huge bummer. I didn't realize Eric disliked car rides so much.

Donna said...

lol! :o) and it wasn't because God was giving me extra time to get skinny before I do get the dress, because I had just been to my niece's 21st birthday party and ate the world's BEST but also MOST FATTENING brownies in the world, which are made by her uncle and should really be profiled by Oprah or some who reviews things like insanely awesome brownies.

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

That's awesome (and inspiring) that you remember to pray for our government. I like to pretend that they and all the problems they deal with, do not exist. Yikes, is that apathy AND denial rolled into one huge ball of ignorance, or what?!

Brownie, did you say brownie?? WHERE? I'll review them!