Sunday, July 7, 2013

Though I Must Say

I'd really forgotten how amazing it is to have a newborn.  Ellen is like a magical presence in the house and we're all drawn to her.  She is a great baby, at just over 3 weeks she's 7 pounds (from 4 11 at birth, 4 6 when we left the hospital) and looks like a real newborn baby now more than a doll.  She doesn't like to have her clothes or diaper changed, her umbilical cord has yet to fall out, she has male pattern baldness.  And she is the softest, sweetest, calm little bundle of baby.  My dad always says when you first bring home the baby they're a loaf of bread, then they become a bag of sugar, then they're a sack of potatoes.  With Ellen she started out like a bag of marshmallows but she's definitely a loaf of bread now.  She's more alert too.  I just cannot believe how much I love her and how perfectly she fits into our family.  I'd include an adorable picture of her being adorable, but I don't have any pictures of her on this computer and I'm going to close my eyes for a second because she's about to wake up.  But I'll put some pictures here soon...

No comments: