Thursday, February 5, 2009

Backfiring?

I really hope it's not the case, but after a number of days of huge progress eating solid food,limiting nursing and going down for naps and bedtime really good without me or nursing, Brendan has started to cry and call out for me when he's about to go to bed. Two steps forward, one back. Argh. On the plus side he is making huge mental steps and I cannot even believe how much he knows and how hard he's trying to talk and how good he is at communicating. It's very exciting to watch.
Also I wanted to blog about some of Liam's funny malapropisms. There is one he just said yesterday that I cannot for the life of me remember, but others include:
going shopping at Old Maybe, taking the Elevator Train to Wrigley Field, and singing that famous Weezer song ""Family Hills" that's where I want to be."
Tonight we were reading an issue of his magazine Your Big Backyard and it talked about how flamingos are pink because they eat food like shrimp and water plants that have a red pigment. The corresponding picture was one of those "Can You Find Five Things Wrong with This Picture" and one of the flamingos had some blue feathers. Liam said "and that flamingo must be very special because it ate something with blue pigment and that turned some of its feathers blue."
Also the funniest thing in the world is watching Liam attempt to make the faces of the characters in his books and magazines. The first time he started doing it I was worried cause he was making this strange face and not responding when I asked him what he was doing. Then finally he told me how he was making his face look like Arthur's. He also has a Sesame Street CD and he did a similar thing where he started singing weird and then he told us he was singing like Big Bird, who has a "strange voice." He was pretty good too. A young Billy Crystal perhaps? :o)

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Hopefully Brendan's backslide is short-lived. Gracie's making progress too- last night, slept 11-4, was only up 40 minutes, and then slept til 7:15 and again til 10. That WOULD have been the best night's sleep I've had since practically before I was pregnant, but the goddamn cats were being so loud I nearly killed them.