Monday, December 29, 2008

Of Shoes and Ships and Naughty Corners



Brendan has been sent to the naughty corner three times in his short life. One time was for biting Liam, one time was for hitting me and one time was, well I'm not exactly sure what it was for because it was Liam who sent him there...and he went. Eric and I were in the front room and the kids were in the back and we heard a couple seconds of fussing and then Liam's tiny, authoritative voice direct, "go to the naughty corner." We came out in time to see Brendan marching solemnly to the naughty corner. Liam said he was pulling on his book. Whatever the reason, he listened to Liam, with no fussing. Eric and I haven't learned the secret to getting those results yet.








Here's an op ed piece about AT&T that anyone who has ever dealt with phone and utility companies could appreciate. Check it out if you have a second. http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/28/the-return-of-the-old-grouch/

Eric and I have been married for seven years and we have lived in seven places. In June it looks like we'll need to find a new home. :o) Someday I would like to check out Colorado and maybe the Netherlands, but I can't imagine living so far away from my family. I wonder if when we are older Eric and I will do the Peace Corps. I'm so happy I did AmeriCorps, but looking back I sort of wish I had done it for two years instead of only one. Alas.

It's 10:50pm and Liam is still talking away upstairs in his room. By the time he's asleep Brendan will probably just be waking up. Perfect...

5 comments:

Rae said...

Um, Congratulations!

Rae said...

So I first read this & decided you must be expecting if you needed a new house in June....and now I remembered that your 8th anniversary is in June. You got me all excited.

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Oops, sorry about that. Bad attempt at making a joke about needing to live in 8 places when our eighth anniversary comes up in June. Not ready for more kids yet (although if Liam can keep them in line that would be a huge help...)

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

Liam has "DayCare Director" written all over him!!! I think they are hiring some @ KinderCares across the NChicagoland area! I was sad for a min, like "why are you moving???"