Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Weekend in the Life

Yesterday, it was a Friday. I most likely woke up with a start, as is my way now, always with the feeling that my alarm didn't go off and I'm late for everything. I guess that's anxiety? It's sort of weird because especially after my dad died I had that problem falling asleep, wracked with nerves and anxiety about everything. That morphed into the 2am wakeups and hours to fall back asleep. So honestly this waking up at 6 something in a bit of a panic, well I'd call it an improvement.
Anyway, Eric and I get up about 6ish. I usually get the uniforms and makes the lunches, Eric makes the breakfast. The kids brush teeth, feed the pets, get the water bottles, get the vitamins and ostensibly get themselves ready, but often that requires a lot of cat herding prodding from me and Eric.

(I'm taking over from where I left off when I started this draft. And actually yesterday WAS a Tuesday!)
About 3 monrings a week Liam has before school band. This is another post entirely, but let's just sum it up by saying he is not a morning person, nor am I. And after two years of this now Brendan is in band, and A. He adds another early morning band practice to the schedule and B. Told us that they're supposed to get there at 6:45, not 7, which is what we'd been doing the last two years and Liam never said anything. BUT ANYWAY... In some ways it is easier to get one kid out of the house and only have the three. We usually make a pre-ready breakfast. Is that a word? So for instance Crock Pot oatmeal (cinnamon, brown sugar, apples, chia, flax, add almonds and raisins, delish!) or Trader Joe's dark chocolate croissants (about 85 grams of fat no joke but mmm) and those are nice because you put them in the oven before bed, they proof, and the oven turns on and bakes them WHILE YOU SLEEP! I'm looking for other of those types of dishes if you have any suggestions.
Well that helps with the mornings so that is good. But what is bad is that Eric and I don't got to bed until 11 - 1 (usually I am the midnight or 1 goer to beder) so it's frankly just not enough sleep. And just like I have spent the last four years waiting for things to calm back down to normal, I have been waiting for many months to get enough sleep. Still waiting.
Well that's about all the ramblings I have in me for now. Soooo sleepy. And still have two hours left at work.

No comments: