Monday, August 27, 2012

Aidanisms

Aidan's first phrase, repeated many many times throughout the day and basically used like "smurf" was, "Jude bye bye."  It meant a whole host of things, sometimes even that our neighbor Jude was going bye bye.  That's still in his lexicon, but then, for a lovely while, a new phrase, my favorite, overtook "Jude bye bye."  That phrase was "I love Momma" which over time morphed into "I love Mommy."  This was also used like smurf, but certainly mostly to tell me and everyone else how much he loved me.  However, now the phrase that has taken the number one position is "Ew.  Gwoek."  That can refer to many things, most of which really seem to be gwoek to Aidan, including fur balls, lots of things the meows do, drool, a drop of spilled milk, a diaper, a piece of lettuce after happily eating that same piece of lettuce for quite some time, and then resuming eating that piece of lettuce after the "ew gwoek" proclamation, etc.  It's super adorable, but I still prompt him to say I Love Mommy whenever possible.

No comments: