Monday, January 31, 2011

We're Having a Heatwave, a Tropical Heatwave

The temperature's rising, it isn't surprising, she certainly can, can-can.

Anyway, it's actually supposed to be snowstorming, blizzarding, and other exciting things. I am most excited that work may close tomorrow night and then I could stay home and play in the snow with the boys!! We shall see. I have a meeting from 1 to 3, might that be cancelled too? Ok, and what is it with spell checker saying cancelled is spelled canceled? Apparently two "l"s is British? Whatevers. Who here can tell I'm just procrastinating on cataloging homework? Eric made an unbelievable stirfry tonight while I was in a different class. The stirfry had a lot of superfoods, and I feel my superpowers really revving up. Unfortunately I'm still too tired to get off the couch and go brush my teeth. But don't tell Eric, since he's slaving away getting gas for the snowblower and food and water supplies before the massive or not so massive snowstorm. I wasn't alive for the '67 one, but my family has a lot of great stories about it. And some reel to reel. My dad ended up walking to work that day since there were very few buses running, and when he finally got there around noon the only other person there was his boss, so they went to the cafeteria, made lunch and his boss drove him as far home as he could. My parents' work ethic is pretty incredible. Obviously I did not inherit all of their amazing genes (see lazy points above.) I can't watch Mad Men without thinking of their life (which entailed far less booze and adultery, but similar amounts of cool clothes and historical context.) Oops, Eric's back with the groceries. I'll have to go back, ahem, to cataloging.

No comments: