Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cleanup in Aisle 5

Have you ever seen the commercial with a little man standing on top of a boardroom table yelling, "There are three ways we can do this.  My way, my way, or my way.  Do I make myself clear?"  My kids love this, and the absolute funniest thing is the world is Aidan's impersonation with his little voice shouting, "My way, my way, or my way.  Do I get myself done?!?!"
Swanky the chop.
And now he says, "Do you get myself clear?!!?!"

Also, that person in the store today who dropped two small bottles of apple juice, one of which burst opened and spilled (spilt?) everywhere, that was me.  I'd like to place the blame on whoever put those juices in the way of what I was getting.  I'm pretty sure I overheard some employee in the refrigerator complaining about me, but it totes wasn't my fault and for the record I put the one that didn't burst open back on the shelf.  What more could I do?  I highly doubt the woman working the cheese section cared and/or had the resources to clean it up.

Who wants to hear about how much I want to work out, but haven't been, or my experience buying this shoe when the salesman explained that because of the different way you have to run you want to start slowly "like just start off with a half mile" and Eric burst out laughing or the fact that I still want to move to Colorado but I don't want to leave the people here?  Or how very, very, very, very tired I am?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Oh wait, how about this small crack in the skin by my thumb that just won't heal? 
I'm sorry to do this to you, but some second graders find this hysterical.  Well, I apologized.

Last chance - does anyone want to hear about the woman who came to my work to sharpen 50 pencils?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

ME ME ME! I want to hear about all of it! Cool shoes, by the way. My class would totally CRACK up for the rest of the school year if I showed them that video. They would act like the orange every second, so I will not be showing it to them.

My mom and I have discussed taking the kids on a big city/farm trip this summer. First stop is Glenview (trip downtown to aquarium and the like), then on to my Aunt's farm in Wisconsin. Um, if that plan actually pans out, maybe we can see you! How cool would that be?

It would also be surreal because we both have spawned two extras since our last rendezvous. Yes, I am also excrutiatingly tired (probably not as tired as you though). I can still use big words but my connotations and spelling are always slightly off.

:) Kelly

Donna said...

Hi Misses Gould!! How are you?!! Thanks for being so good about sharing pictures of your adorable kids. It would be totally cool to see you!! xoxo