Saturday, August 8, 2009

My New Eco-Friendly Water Bottle

It's sleek, it's pretty, it's stainless steel and very mod. Three things I don't like about it:

1. When I opened it (while sitting at the public service desk at work today) a huge stream of water flew out of it and onto and across my pants, so now I look like I wet my pants. It also gave me flashbacks to trying to change Liam's diaper at 2am.
2. When I drink from it, it makes a super-sonic screeching noise which reverberates throughout the library. At first I thought a security alarm was going off. It's so far from right I cannot even explain. And I am not joking.
3. My water tastes like metal.

So, I am going to have to reevaluate this $13 purchase. Much like I sadly mourn the loss of the $8 MORGAN embossed sippy cup that Brendan forced me to buy, which now has a big rip in the rubbery-plastic coating after Eric proceeded to wash in the dishwasher, against the advice of the large Hand Wash Only label, rendering it unusable.

4 comments:

Rae said...

That's too bad. We have sooo many Nalgene bottles that I have to resist buying any others. If I were to purchase a new one I would have gone with a metal one. hmmmm...

Eric said...

Death to the Morgan cup.

3 carltons and 2 kellies said...

what's this i hear about the morgan cup? noah has been biting through his sippy cups. sounds like he and Eric have a common goal. That is a very funny description of the sound. I cringe imagining being in the library and responsible for something so intrusive!!!

Eric said...

Anybody could've missed that label. As a matter of fact, I still haven't seen any such label.